About LifeSmart Publishing
LifeSmart Publishing was formed in 2010 with the launch of What I Wish I Knew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead by Founder, President, and CEO, Dennis Trittin, followed in 2011 with the What I Wish I Knew at 18 Leadership and Life Skills Curriculum. In 2014, LifeSmart published Parenting for the Launch, Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World, to round out its suite of products. LifeSmart Publishing is family owned and operated and headquartered in majestic Gig Harbor, Washington.
LifeSmart exists to inspire, equip, and empower the next generation to pursue lives of purpose, integrity, and impact.
It is our vision that every child would be inspired and equipped to reach his or her full potential and positively impact the world.
LifeSmart is led by Dennis Trittin, founder, President, CEO, and author. He is the author of What I Wish I Kew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead, and co-author of Parenting for the Launch: Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World. Dennis’s biographical information is summarized in the About Dennis tab. He provides vision, direction, and operational oversight to LifeSmart, along with content development, marketing, public representation, and partnership relations.
Arlyn Lawrence is LifeSmart''s co-author and Curriculum Director and serves as a general representative and speaker. She developed the What I Wish I Knew at 18 Leadership and Life Skills Curriculum and co-authored Parenting for the Launch: Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World. Arlyn’s background in publishing includes book editing, publishing project management, and curricular development, and she has worked as a magazine editor and columnist. Arlyn has served families and educators in numerous community and faith-based organizations, and is also a frequent writer and speaker on the topic of character, personal development, and relationships for children, young adults, and their families. She and her husband have five children and three grandchildren and reside in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Mike Trittin is the Marketing & Media Strategy Director at LifeSmart Publishing. Mike uses his communication and strategy skills to guide content to our unique audiences -- parents, teens, educators, and mentors. A graduate of Pepperdine University, Mike enjoys identifying and implementing marketing strategies, multi-channel media campaigns, and multimedia production. Mike and his wife reside in the greater Seattle area. Out of the office, you''ll likely find Mike on the golf course or officiating a basketball game.
Heather Sipes is the Social Media & Communications Director for LifeSmart Publishing, overseeing content development and other web-related communication. Heather has a degree in journalism from Pacific Lutheran University and has a broad background in writing, editing, and curriculum development, as well as marketing and communication for non-profits. She and her husband reside in Tacoma, Washington, with their three young daughters. When Heather is not writing, she enjoys boating on the Puget Sound, singing and playing the piano, bike riding with her family, and drinking copious amounts of coffee.
LifeSmart’s resources are uniquely designed for use by teens and young adults as well as the people who guide them (parents, mentors, educators). Our books and guides are intended for both personal and professional use, providing essential wisdom for the transition into adulthood and beyond.
We offer the following resources:
- What I Wish I Knew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead (the book). This conversationally written book provides a comprehensive vision for the launch into adulthood through its 109 life success pointers. It serves as the text for curricular program usage. ISBN: 978-0-9832526-0-3. Available in hard copy and e-version.
- What I Wish I Knew at 18: Student Guide. This is the curricular companion to the book, containing lessons for facilitator use and serving as the student workbook. It puts into action the wisdom from the book through challenging self-reflection, dynamic group collaboration, and engaging activities. ISBN: 978-0-9832526-3-4. Available in hard copy and e-version.
- What I Wish I Knew at 18:Student Guide—Christian Edition: This is the curricular companion to the book, containing lessons for Christian facilitator use and serving as the student workbook. It puts into action the wisdom from the book through challenging self-reflection and dynamic group collaboration. It derives from the universal student guide, while integrating a Biblical worldview. ISBN: 978-0-9832526-6-5. Available in hard copy.
- What I Wish I Knew at 18:Leader’s Guide—standard and Christian versions: This is an online resource for facilitator use, containing author suggestions and planning tools. It is available as a free download from www.dennistrittin.com.
- Parenting for the Launch: Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World offers parenting strategies and practical tools to help transition teens into independent life in the “real world.” ISBN: 978-09832526-7-2
- Weekly e newsletters: LifeSmart publishes a free weekly e newsletter/blog where the authors share nuggets of life wisdom for personal and professional use. Signups are available at: www.dennistrittin.com/newsletter.aspx.
In addition, Dennis and Arlyn are available for speaking engagements at events for schools, mentor groups, businesses, faith organizations, and parent and student groups.