Service Organization Leaders Helping Parents & Families
What would we do without you? Youth mentor organizations are facing unprecedented demand from families who are struggling with their marriages, parenting, and financial challenges. You are providing hope and direction to a hurting nation. For that, you deserve our profound gratitude!
I wrote What I Wish I Knew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead as a preparatory, life success guide for young people. It contains time-tested principles in diverse subject matters as life purpose, character, relationships and communication, spiritual growth, adversity, personal productivity, college academics, career selection and advancement, love and marriage, and managing finances. Depending on the subject matter, the book either illustrates or instructs readers in how to become successful in these important life areas.
Although written to teens, I was surprised to learn from numerous educators, parents, and youth mentors that I had just created a comprehensive guide to mentoring young adults! What I Wish I Knew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead provides readers with before-the-fact, practical wisdom for what lies ahead. The end result should be a more productive and inspired younger generation and stronger families.
Among the key life topics covered in the book are:
- How to define your life purpose
- How to define success
- What are the most admirable character traits
- How your attitude and disposition will influence your success
- Keys to working well with people in a team setting
- Elements of a strong spiritual life and what it can offer you
- How to accept and handle adversity
- How to maximize your personal productivity and manage your time
- How to transition to the college academic environment
- A “killer” study method that works!
- How to select and advance in your career
- A foolproof way to a glowing performance review
- How to build your value and win promotions
- Keys to responsible dating in an increasingly irresponsible world
- How to know whether he or she is “the one”
- Keys to a successful marriage
- Attributes of wise financial management
- How to live within your means and achieve your financial goals
It’s my hope that this book will serve as a valuable resource to you in your mission of service to teens, parents, and families. Whether as a curricular resource for courses/small groups or as a gift to your clients, What I Wish I Knew at 18: Life Lessons for the Road Ahead is sure to provide valuable, practical guidance for youth and families.
Thank you for your interest and all that you do for the next generation!